Thursday, October 22, 2009

Belle's Coming of Age

Belle is my youngest. She will be 14 next week. To say she is a trip would be putting it mildly. I am just in awe of her sometimes. She can be as stubborn as the day is long and just as sweet as an angel. She is just as hard-headed as her father and as head-strong as her mama. In the last few months she has been avid, to the point of being a little broom rider, when it comes to getting her point across. It is funny to see her coming of age. I will see her whispering a question to her sister and I will ask what she wants to know . . . . . be careful what you ask for, you just might get it! One such question comes to mind.......she asked her sister what masturbation is for a guy. Well, Danielle told her she would tell her in private in a little while. They never got time to be in 'private' before dinner that night. So, me being me, decided to bring it up at the dinner table with Rob sitting right there with us. I told Belle that I heard she wanted to know about a guy masterbating and then proceeded to tell her the definition. The look of horror on her face, as well as the face of her father, was pricele$$. Danielle almost choked on the food in her mouth and then we both lost it. We laughed to the point of crying. OMG, embarrasing the kids can be so much fun!!! Hey, I'd rather they hear it from me in a most uncomfortable setting so that they hear the truth as well as learn how to get thru an embarrassing moment. Yeah, that's it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.